Friday, April 5, 2013

We have a Bed Frame - Wait - No We Don't.

Thursday, my whole day revolved around having our bed frame delivered.  It was supposed to arrive between 2 and 4 PM, so I had time to do water aerobics and shower beforehand.  I ate my lunch, worked on my blog, and waited.  Three men showed up shortly after 2 PM, with many large boxes and tools.  They unloaded the boxes in the hallway, so as not to make a mess in my apartment.  They brought some of the larger cardboard pieces up to my bedroom, so they would have a place to build the bed frame without marring my floor.  I was listening to the men trying to put the bed frame together, and after about 10 minutes, I thought I heard some non-English expletives.  The man in charge came down to explain the problem to me.  Apparently, when they prepared the legs of the bed frame at the mill, they had drilled two openings for the sides to fit into the legs, rather than three openings.  Not only had they not made enough openings, they had a screw in place where the third opening should fit.  He might be able to rig it into place, but it wouldn't be as sturdy as it should be, and it might fall apart.  He spoke to his boss, and had me speak to his boss, and she told me that the bed had to be returned to the mill to be drilled properly, which could take up to two weeks.  I'm just happy that they're getting it right, and I won't have a bed that will apart on me.  And, I am really happy that we had them do the installation.  I could just imagine the cussing that would have come out of Rich's mouth if he had encountered that problem.  The delivery men asked if they could leave the pieces of the bed that were okay, so they wouldn't have to carry them up again.  I said of course they could.  It was then that I noticed how sweaty they were.  I had not thought to turn on the air conditioning unit in my room while they were working there.  And they would not ask for that luxury.  I can't believe how stupid I was, not to think to turn on the air for them!  That is the only way there is any air circulating in that sweltering heat.  When they return with the newly drilled bed frame, I will turn on the air immediately!
The parts of the bed that were correct.

The plywood to fit under our Sleep Number Mattress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home