Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hummingbirds, Rosemary, and the Tiong Bahru Market

After all of the rain on Tuesday, Wednesday was a beautiful day!  Unfortunately, I've decided that that's going to be my market day, because it's pool cleaning and bug spray day.  I can do my water aerobics around the pool cleaner, but I don't like to be around the bug fogger.  I always feel as if I'm going to come out of that fog with some effects.

As I was leaving my apartment complex, I saw a cute yellow hummingbird drinking the nectar from the tall red flowers.  That was the first hummingbird I've seen since I've been in Singapore.







When I arrived at the market, there was a woman who was teaching English to a group of Japanese women, and they were obstructing my coffee stall.  When I finally got to my coffee man, he explained the situation.  I told him,"No worries.  At least they'll know where the good coffee is."

Before leaving the market, I stopped to buy some flowers for our vases.  As I was turning to go, I saw a huge pot of rosemary.  I asked the vendor how much it was, and it was only $15.  Even though I really don't need any more plants, I HAD to buy it!  Now let's hope I don't kill it (as I usually do to rosemary)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home