Monday, September 16, 2013

Pianist, Caio Pagano, at Singapore Botanic Gardens

On Sunday, Brazilian pianist, Caio Pagano performed at the Singapore Botanic Gardens.  It was a lovely evening, and many families were out with their picnic dinners and bottles of wine,  The extended family next to us had really interesting wine glasses that were shaped like tulips that you stuck into the ground.  Then you could pull the glass wine glass out of the tulip shell when you wanted to take a sip.  I wanted to find out where to get them, but hurried off to get a CD and get it signed after the performance, so I missed my chance.  If anybody knows where to get them, please let me know.

Caio Pagano was an excellent pianist, even if he is a music professor at Arizona State.  He introduced each piece with a story, then played beautifully, finishing off with a flourish, so you always knew when the song was over.  I've started to clap during brief rests before, so I especially appreciated that!  My favorite introduction was when he told us that he had a music professor that told him, "There are two kinds of music; bad music and German music!"  I can't wait to tell that to my mother-in-law, who is 100% German.  When I got my CD signed, I asked him to sign it for the Queen.  He wrote, "To the Konigin", which means Queen in German.  He asked if I was German, and I told him that I had some German ancestry, but nothing compared to my mother-in-law.  It was a delightful evening with a great musician!
Several brides and grooms... 

...were being photographed at the Gardens...



...and I was "creeping on them", as Erin would say!




Caio Pagano at the piano.









A panoramic view of the crowd.

One of Caio Pagano's CD's...


...signed "To the Queen".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home