Monday, February 18, 2013

Eating at the Wine Bar

I tried to post a video of the Lion Dance Performance that was held at our apartment complex, but the server wouldn't accept the video.  I'll try to put it on facebook.  It's about 20 minutes long, but quite interesting, especially if you hadn't seen it before, as I hadn't.  It would be better with a better videographer, but I'm the only one we've got!

Rich and I went to dinner at the Wine Bar that I discovered when I was lost on Friday.  I've come to the realization that I will never lose weight while I'm in Singapore, because I LOVE Italian food, and can sniff it out in any country!  We started with their version of Caprese Salad; slices of tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, served on greens, and drizzled with basil pesto.  It was very good, and easily large enough to be shared by 2 people.  I had lasagna, which was good, but not nearly as good as my favorite Italian restaurant back home.  Rich's fettuccine with 2 types of salmon was lacking some spices in the sauce.

My lasagna, and a glimpse of Rich's fettuccine.


A fountain in the courtyard, of which we were totally unaware!
When I pointed out that it was Singapore's #1 Wine Bar, according to some Singaporean magazine, Rich informed me that a magazine had contacted him to ask if he wanted to advertise as Singapore's #1 Futures Trading Firm.  I guess I'm just too used to places being voted or ranked as #1.  Still, it was good, and we will go back there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home