Friday, March 8, 2013

A New Friend

Last week, I saw a very attractive young woman walking her dog.  Because I miss my dogs so much, I asked her if I could pet her dog.  As I was petting "Buddy", we introduced ourselves to each other.  Her name is Kirsten, and she is from Houston.  Several times this week, after my water aerobics workout, as I was drying off, she was bringing "Buddy" back from his walk.  He is very cute, and she is delightful!  She and her husband went to Texas A&M.  They've been married for 1 1/2 years, and came to Singapore in mid-January.  As we were talking on Thursday, I realized that she is the age of my older daughter, Erin.  I also found out that her parents graduated from Rich's alma mater, University of Wisconsin - Madison.  Kirsten also applied to UW, and was accepted, but with the high price of out of state tuition, her dad told her that she could go to any school in Texas, and he would get her a car, or she could go to UW and he would get her a bike.  Rich said that he would have taken the bike, because there's no place to park at UW anyway.  (Rich LOVES being a Badger!)  Anyway, I am looking forward to spending more time with her and "Buddy".  I haven't met her husband, yet, but I'm looking forward to that, too.  Her dad is coming to Singapore in mid-April, and we are looking forward to meeting him.  And, I'm hoping that when Erin comes to visit us, I can introduce her to Kirsten and her husband, and they can take her to some younger people spots.  Believe it or not, Rich and I don't party like we used to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home