Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Making Prawn Mee Soup; Another Failure!

For dinner on Sunday, I had planned to use the prawns that I had beheaded, peeled, and deveined on Friday, and cook them in a Best Singapore Favourites Ready-to-Cook Sauce Kit for Prawn Mee Soup. The kit gave step-by-step instructions on how to cook and serve the soup.  It also contained several flavor packets to use in the preparation.  I followed the instructions, with the only exception being that I may have used a little more thinly sliced pork than the recipe described.  I am still getting used to grams and kilos, and I bought 500 grams of thinly sliced pork, when I really only needed 50 grams of pork.  I realized my mistake before I added it, but I still used a little more, because Rich likes pork.

Rich, with our soups and salads.

The Prawn Mee Soup with shallots and oil on top.

My salad dressing, with the names of one of my favorite restaurants.
I served it in soup bowls, over the leftover spaghetti noodles that I had from Friday.  It was not a fan favorite!!!  I don't know if I should have used the prawns sooner, or if I stored them improperly, or if the sauce mix and seasonings are just not to our taste.  Luckily, I served it with big salads as accompaniment, so we didn't starve.  Oh well, at least I tried...  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home