Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Riding on the Singapore Flyer

Erin would be heading home on Sunday, so we tried to get our last tourist-type things done on Friday.  Weekends in Singapore are crazy!  Things that had been sparsely attended during the week would be jam packed on the weekend.  This was a lesson I had learned early in my stay.  Michelle had taken me to the Botanic Gardens on a Thursday, and we had had a leisurely lunch.  When I tried to repeat the same plan on a Sunday with Rich, it had been a crowded disaster!  But I learned my lesson, and I do my exploring during the week, and relax by the pool with Rich on the weekend - unless there is a concert somewhere, or a show I need to see.

So, Erin and I headed to the Singapore Flyer on Friday afternoon.  It cost us $32 per person, which is a little steep for a ride that takes 1 hour at the most.  If we had done online booking, we could have saved 15%.  However, my Singapore debit Visa is tied to my US cell phone.  When they send the confirmation number to my cell phone, it gets lost in space.  So online booking is not an option for me.  I will have to get this fixed at my bank when I return!

Michelle had discouraged us from taking the Flyer, saying that we had already seen the same view from the top of the Marina Bay Sands.  I trust Michelle, but Erin really wanted to take the Flyer, and I had never done it, so away we went.  I do have to say that the view and perspective are a bit different, so I wasn't disappointed that we tried it.  Unfortunately, there were several families in our pod that didn't use deodorant, so I don't know if Erin would say the same thing.  Erin has a very good sense of smell, and wished that she didn't during our ride!  She had worked at the "Old Spice Classic" when she worked at Disney World, and they had distributed samples to the crowd freely.  She wished she had some samples during the ride!!!

A panoramic view of the Gardens by the Bay and the Singapore Harbour

A panoramic view of Singapore and our pod on the Flyer.

The area where Singapore Disney is going to be built.

Another panoramic view of Singapore's Harbour from our pod. 



The ArtScience Museum.


The Merlion.

The ArtScience Museum and Pedestrian Bridge.

Coming down for a landing.

The Singapore Harbour and the bottom of the Marina Bay Sands.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home