Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Eating at "Muchachos"

When Erin visited in April, I took her and Kjersten, a girl who lives in our complex, and is close to the same age as Erin, to a restaurant called "Mex Out".  It was similar to "Chipotle", but it was owned by Australians, and it had margaritas.  It was quite tasty, but like everything in Singapore, it was quite expensive.  When I returned in September, Kjersten told me that she and her husband, Jay, had found a new Mexican restaurant that was even better.  It was called "Muchachos", and we made plans to go there for lunch.

On the day of our lunch, another neighbor, friend, and American, Colleen, joined us.  She and her husband, Joe, had apparently been to Muchacho's with Jay and Kjersten before.  Like Rich, her husband was at work, and was going to be very jealous that she was at a Mexican restaurant with Jay and Kjersten.

I followed Jay, Kjersten, and Colleen down the ordering line, because I knew that they knew what and how to order.  We all had burritinos, which are smaller burritos.  Jay, Colleen and I had lamb, and it was very good.  Jay and I opted for cheese on ours, and that's the one thing that I wouldn't recommend.  It was a slice of cheese, not shredded cheese, and it was $1 extra.  I didn't find that it was worth the extra money or calories.  The guacamole, on the other hand, is worth every cent of the extra $2!  The only regret that I had with my burritino was that I didn't put any hot sauce on it.  Jay, Kjersten, and Colleen all like hot things, so they loaded on the hot sauce.  As I've mentioned before, I am a baby when it comes to hot things, so I didn't even look into hot sauce.  When I was almost done, I noticed that there was a large bottle of mild sauce.  I wish I had partaken of the mild sauce, to give it just a little bite.  Overall, it was a great meal, and I would definitely return!
Jay, Kjersten, and Colleen enjoying their burritinos.

A better picture of Colleen and her burritino. 

I was mesmerized by the lighting at Muchachos...

...Many cords come from the corner...

...and they're tacked to the wall at different lengths to make the lights hang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home