Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our Bed is Back!

I didn't have much planned for Wednesday.  It turned out that that was a good thing, as our salesperson from Frangipani started texting me at about 9:45 AM, asking if they could deliver our bed later that afternoon, or should they wait 'til Saturday morning.  I was sick of sleeping on the mattress on the floor, so I told her that I could be there that afternoon, and I immediately began trying to configure my day so I could get my errands done, and get to the pool for water aerobics.  As I was revising my plans, she texted me again, to ask if they could come between 11 AM and 1 PM, as they had another delivery in this area.   I agreed, and did another revision.

The delivery men showed up at about 12:30.  They brought in the parts that had to re-milled.  I made sure to turn on the air conditioning for them.  I apologized for not turning it on the last time, and they just smiled, but I still felt terrible! They started building the bed, and asked me to be sure of the placement.  I told them where to put it, but after seeing how big it is, I wish I had asked them to set it back from our loft window a bit, as we can't figure out a place to put our bedside tables that we got from the Salvation Army Thrift Store.  Our bed is a California King, so I think the space would be tight no matter which way we placed the bed.  It would be nice to have tables, so we would have a place for glasses and phones, etc.,  when we retire for the evening.  I also made some King and Queen brass rubbings when we were in London on my last birthday, so I would like to get those up on the wall.  It would make me feel thismuch closer to being settled!

As the men left, I think they told me that if it needed to be moved, I would have to schedule another installation.  They said we would have to pay for it, but it would be worth the money.  Between that comment and the fast turn around for the millwork, it makes me believe that they just did some rigging to set the bed up.  I wished that they had told me at the beginning of the installation!  In the nights since the bed frame has been in our apartment, every time I hear a squeak from the bed, I start cringing, and expect the worst.  So far, so good, though.
Our bed in our room.




The bed, nightstand and queen brass rubbing.

The bed, nightstand, and king brass rubbing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home