Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Eating at "Mulligan's" at Clarke Quay

Although Clarke Quay is quite close to our apartment complex, I had never eaten there before.  Clarke Quay was what I traveled through to get to the MRT, and Robertson Quay was where I usually ate meals.  However, on this day, we were going to see a play on Clarke Quay, so we decided to eat dinner in the vicinity.

As we were traveling from our complex to Clarke Quay, we noticed a white shirt with what looked like a lot of blood on the steps of the bridge.  There also looked to be quite a bit of blood on the bridge.  Since this was a Saturday evening, we assumed that the bloody shirt was a remnant from Friday night.  We had never before seen signs of violence, and it was a bit disconcerting!

Although Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay are geographically quite close, they are aesthetically quite far apart!  I would say that Robertson Quay was more family friendly.  And even though I saw many children running through the fountain at Clarke Quay, I would say that it was more geared to the club hoppers.  Basically, if I wanted a romantic dinner, I would go to Robertson Quay.  If I wanted to party, I would head to Clarke Quay.

We decided to eat at "Mulligan's" because they had Guinness on tap, and we have good friends at home by that name.  We ate outside, and even though it was a very warm evening, it was covered by the Clarke Quay covering, and fans were rotating from many locations on the roof.  Rich had a Guinness on tap, and I had a glass of red wine.  If you are a wine drinker, this should not be your destination, as they have glasses of "House Red" and "House White".  Beer drinkers will much more at home.

For dinner, Rich chose their signature burger, and I had the fish and chips.  In this instance, I would say that I won dinner.  Despite the fact that Rich's burger had many of the things that I normally like on a burger, it was just kind of bland.  On the other hand, I got 2 big strips of fish, that were cooked to perfection, and lots of chips.  I recently had fish and chips in London, and these fish and chips were just as good.

I would probably head back there if I was in a beer drinking mood.  They have lots of tv's all around the bar area, showing sports from around the world.  I wonder if they ever show American football.







Rich, enjoying a Guinness at Mulligan's.





Children running through the fountain.




The Clarke Quay canopy and support.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home