Thursday, February 7, 2013

Getting Furniture and Taking the Subway

Wednesday was the Big Day that our couch and a small dining table would arrive from IKEA.  The delivery clerk told me that the delivery would be made between 10 AM and 2 PM, so I cleared my busy schedule to await the delivery man.  While I waited, I continued to get frustrated with my blog, checked the grocery store advertisement to make my grocery list, and planned my first subway trip.  The delivery man arrived at 12:30, so after eating lunch, my afternoon was free.

I headed to the closest subway station.  Along the way, I passed a small temple surrounded by highrises.  I also passed a Rolling Stones themed bar.  I haven't read any good reviews of it, but I still needed to take pictures of it for Danielle.  The subway station was beautiful!  There was an information clerk who told me how to purchase a ticket from the machine, putting in my destination stop.  It then issues a ticket, that you scan at the entrance and exit gates.  It was surprisingly easy.  I may have made an error when buying my return ticket, however.  I think I could have saved $.10 by putting the purchase value on my first ticket, but I'm not certain.  I'll find out next time.

My destination on the subway was the closest Salvation Army Thrift Store.  If you know me well, you know how much I enjoy shopping at resale shops and through craigslist.  I figured that Singapore had a large expat population like me, who couldn't bring their furniture home with them.  The trip was fun, but I didn't find anything I was wild about, or HAD to have.  Even if I did find anything, I wasn't sure how I would get it home.  I'll continue to visit that store, and figure out the logistics of getting things home when I find the right item(s).





2 Comments:

At June 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous furniture shops singapore said...

Terrific blog publish - I found you on Google. I'll make sure to suggest this to my co-workers. Preserve up the great function!

 
At August 31, 2016 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Richard C. Lambert said...

. The delivery man arrived at 12:30, so after eating lunch, my afternoon was free.
chairs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home